Liszt is a pivotal figure in the history of piano music. The amount of lasting changes that he made concerning not only the piano, but also orchestration and programmation, will be discussed in this recital. This program wants to show the many sides of Liszt, namely a person who not only had profound knowledge of other composers and transcribed their works marvellously for the piano, but also a daring innovator and intense, enigmatic figure in music history.
- Bach/Liszt: Fantasy and Fugue in G minor, BWV 542
- Schubert/Liszt: Ständchen (serenade)
- Funerailles or Valée d’Obermann
- Die Lorelei
- Schubert/Liszt: Litanei
- Wagner/Liszt: Isoldes Liebestod
- Saint-Saëns/Liszt: Dance macabre