Like in other art domains, plenty of references to macabre themes can be found in music. Which ‘macabre’ music can be found specifically for the piano? Julia Helena has made a selection of lugubrious pieces which she will talk about and play.
- B. Herrmann: Prelude from “Psycho” or C. V. Alkan: La Chanson De La Folle Au Bord De La Mer Op.31 No.8
- S. Rachmaninoff: Etude-tableau Op.39 No.7 in C minor ‘lento lugubre’
- F. Chopin: Piano Sonata Nr. 2, op.35
- F. Liszt:
- Nuages Gris
- Wagner-Liszt: Isolde’s love death
- Saint-Saens-Liszt-Ritter-Helena: Dance macabre